Astrophysics/Alcubierre drive

Question
How probable is it that working Alcubierre drives can be built one day and do you believe that Alcubierre drive will work in practice? And what are the biggest challenges in making one?

Answer
You would need a ridiculous source of gravitational mass and energy, moving incredibly fast and requiring huge energies.  There's just no way I see it ever being done.  By the time technology advances that far we should know what comprises dark matter (80% of the matter in the universe), so the entire idea of FTL drives will change because our understanding of physics will have evolved.  Human technology is ridiculously far away from that, and I perceive that better solutions will be found before we're ever even remotely close.

Astrophysics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson