Astrophysics/Astrophysics

Question
Hai sir I have assumtion that the path of earth changes during lunar ecllipse.Because when the moon comes between the earth and the sun.The gravity of sun directly falls on moon first during lunar ecllipse,so the moon's gravity increases and it attracts the earth,so a slight variation is seen in the path of the earth.Is it true or not?

Answer
No, this is in no way the case.  Gravity superimposes.  Unless you're trying to get to the absolutely ridiculously infinitesimal level of lensing (which, by the Moon, is basically nothing) of gravitons themselves, the phenomenon you speak of simply doesn't happen.

Astrophysics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson