Astrophysics/Hubbles red shift

Question
I was looking at some of your answers in astrophysics related question--- like Red shift. It appears to me you explain it in terms of Doppler effect. But red shift can occur  due to other two distinct processes like gravitational  red shift i.e time dilation per GR or expanding universe per Huuble's law.
Are they all same or they have their own components attributing to this toal Red shift.

Thanks in advance

Answer
Expansion of the universe (Hubble) gives us velocities for distant objects. This causes the Doppler shift, so those two are one and the same. It's the dominant contribution, but gravitational red shifts are accounted for with massive objects, in agreement with observations. That is, indeed, a recognized second contribution to red shift.

Astrophysics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson