Astrophysics/How much energy would be needed to generate a wormhole?

How much energy would be needed to generate a wormhole? I am not talking  about specific numbers, but just some estimates? Like the amount a star produces, significantly less or significantly more?

You would need something on the order of the energy of an evaporating, spinning, massive black hole.  So imagine something thousands (up to millions) of times the mass of the Sun, then apply E=mc^2 to it, where m is the mass of the black hole...then maybe a few factors up for rapid rotation to twist the spacetime itself.  

So yeah...that's a looooot of energy.  An "astronomical" amount, quite literally.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

Fusion, solar flares, cosmic rays, radiation in space, and stellar physics questions. Generally, nuclear-related astrophysics, but I can usually point you in the right direction if it's not nuclear-related or if it's nuclear but not astrophysics.

Just moved from being a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin into government work. Doctoral dissertation was on a reaction in CNO-cycle fusion, worked in gamma-ray astronomy in the space science division of the naval research laboratory in the high-energy space environment branch.

Government work as a physical scientist with a nuclear focus.

Ph.D. in physics, research was on nuclear fusion reactions important in stellar fusion, further work on space telescope technology.