Atheism/Created by nobody Queerer than we can suppose.

Question
Dear Margaret,
How can you accept as fact G. K. Chesterton's quip, "The universe is the most exquisite masterpiece ever constructed by nobody," when Richard Dawkins in his talk, titled, "Queerer Than We Suppose: The strangeness of science," suggests that the true nature of the universe eludes us, because the human mind evolved only to understand the "middle-sized" world we can observe.    

If there is a creator of the universe it must certainly be bizarre.

Answer
Well, I had not heard that Chesterton quote, nor have I heard Dawkins' talk. So I don't know what he meant by "middle-sized" world. I think our existence is far more vast than what meets the eye, and I know there is much science is not close to understanding. As for who or what created us, I prefer to beg out of that discussion, because I really just don't know. Sorry not to have a more enlightened answer...If I had time, I'd look up Dawkins' talk, but I just don't right now. Sorry.  

Atheism

Margaret Placentra Johnston