Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Oh dear GOD help3/2/2017Dr Billy Levin
  Q: damaged the side of my face and right side of my neck. infact it messed up the muscles behind my eye ...
  A: Would I take Ritalin if needed....YES! Next, you cannot take sleeping tablets with Ritalin, it will ...
Undiagnosed Ritalin Side effect12/14/2016Dr Billy Levin
  Q: How are you? I have just come out of a mental hospital for the fourth time for a problem retaliating ...
  A: I cannot advise an anonymous person and more so without examining them. However nothing you have ...
Excitement in child10/3/2016Tim Runner
  Q: I have 7 year old kid. Overall, academically he is doing good and learns the things quickly. He is ...
  A: Amrutraj, Be thankful that your son is doing well academically and is bright. Emotions are a tough ...
Holding back a grade8/29/2016Tim Runner
  Q: my son is 6, starting grade 1 in a week. He has ADHD, separation anxiety, verbal articulation delay ...
  A: Gabi, It sounds like you have your hands full. I'm normally opposed to holding kids back a year, but ...
Ritalin for Normal People5/22/2016Dr Billy Levin
  Q: A Question for Dr. Billy Levin: Dear Doctor, What effect will Ritalin have on somebody who has ...
  A: If ADHD is right brain dominance and left brain immaturity stimulants boost the immature side to ...
Scared to death to work again...4/12/2016Sijka
  Q: I have ADD. When I was 18, I worked at Walmart for three months and it was the worst three months of ...
  A: The first thing you have to have is CONFIDENCE! Even if it's just in baby steps-you have to believe ...
Can I change my availability after I'm hired do to a disability?4/12/2016Norm Bishop
  Q: I'm not sure if you can answer this, but please read. I just got hired at Kohls yesterday and I made ...
  A: This is a good question and yes, I don't know if I am qualified to answer it. But, I will tell you ...
Can Adderall be taken for life1/11/2016Dr Billy Levin
  Q: My daughter has been diagnosed with ADHD and I'm trying to make the decision of whether or not to ...
  A: Firstly ,you have my sympathy. Questions like you have pose imply unfortunately you have little ...
ADHD medication for children10/8/2015Dr Billy Levin
  Q: my son is 10 and has been on ADHD medication for 3 years. He is short to begin with,he doesn't ...
  A: From what you have described, I can only first sympathize and then state it would appear that the ...
Complicated health problem8/12/2015Dr Billy Levin
  Q: For a few years I've been feeling very mentally fatigued. The cause of it was mononucleosis, but ...
  A: What ever other medical condition you might have, it should be treated by an expert. However as far ...
ADD and Anxiety8/9/2015Dr Billy Levin
  Q: I was on Welbutrin, Lexapro, and Buspar to treat Anxiety and Depression, and to help with the ADD. ...
  A: I will answer in general terms and not specifically about your case. Some people develop depression ...
ADHD/ADD or simply intensity?7/14/2015Dr Billy Levin
  Q: Levin, I recently turned 22 and was finally identified as gifted about 3 years ago after years of ...
  A: Obviously without doing a full neurological examination I can only speculate on the information you ...
Adderall Tic3/23/2015Sharon Crandall
  Q: I have recently (about 60 days now) been prescribed ADD. Vyvance at first, but it didn't last long ...
  A: I am not a doctor so I cannot tell you to stop your medication. I can say that I would not allow my ...
Welbutrin1/27/2015Dr Billy Levin
  Q: I am 56.I have been on Welbutrin for over 15 years now, ever since I was diagnosed with adult A.D.D. ...
  A: Firstly natural alternatives do not work. Next, Welbutrin is an antidepressant and not treatment for ...
Behivoral problems11/6/2014Sharon Crandall
  Q: I have a 10 yr old son and a 5yr old daughter. My son has behavior issues. He has bad grades, does ...
  A: Let's start with his hating his sister. It is obvious that he feels like you love her and accept her ...
what is this exactly?10/3/2014Norm Bishop
  Q: Im 27 and im having diffuculties with remembering things I just learned. For instance, in class the ...
  A: The forgetting could be due to a number of things. If it is something that you have battled with in ...
tapering off Ritalin9/27/2014Dr Billy Levin
  Q: I am a 62 year old woman with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (diagnosed 2011, Bipap). I have been ...
  A: It would be most important to obtain professional advice as to if you are ready to stop your ...
Welbutrin7/23/2014Dr Billy Levin
  Q: Billy Hope you and yours are well. About a month ago I went off my welbutrin. It was prescribed for ...
  A: It is impossible to answer without doing a full neurological examination on a patient. However ...
Parents Refuse to Test Me For A.D.D6/15/2014Sijka
  Q: I've had a lot of symptoms of ADHD since I was 7. I was never a hyperactive child but my attention ...
  A: You didn't say how old you are, it could make a difference. What do your teachers say, your ...
ADD accommodation in Middle School5/18/2014Norm Bishop
  Q: my son has ADD and has a mild expressive and receptive learning disorder. He is attending 6th grade ...
  A: I would ask for overall planning instruction, where he keeps a system of knowing when things are ...
ADD or just normal behaviour5/14/2014Dr Billy Levin
  Q: My little boy (8 turning 9 in August) struggles with completing work in class, his spelling is ...
  A: You are describing in detail a classic example of a genetically inherited neurological dysfunction. ...
Concerta in South Africa5/13/2014Dr Billy Levin
  Q: Levin, I recently was offered a scholarship to study abroad in South Africa for my next school ...
  A: ADHD is very well known to experts in South Africa and the treatment is highly scientific and ...
therapy/ ADHD2/9/2014Norm Bishop
  Q: In your opinion, what's the best route of therapy for my seven yr old son, diagnosed &medicated ...
  A: Wow, this is a very difficult question, in that the behaviors that accompany ADHD are so unique to ...
Not sure what to do about adderall after this?12/19/2013Dr Billy Levin
  Q: I am a military wife in control of everything when husband is deployed, and I am a full time ...
  A: With this very long (almost book length) question it is very obvious in deed, you are in urgent ...
ADD Medicaton and Tourettes11/30/2013Dr Billy Levin
  Q: Ill be making an appointment with my provider to delve into this but Im here to cast a wide net for ...
  A: Older outdated concepts suggested that stimulants for ADD/ADHD were not acceptable if Tourette ...
Is ADD/ADHD a Real Illness?9/24/2013Dr Billy Levin
  Q: IS ADHD A REAL ILLNESS just like diabetes or hypothyroidism? Can ADHD be cured, in 5 days like an ...
  A: I am willing to answer any questions on ADHD. However what actually is the the question being ...
I feel drousiness and finally get sleep when try to study..8/17/2013Sharon Crandall
  Q: Sir, i am 28 years Old a graduate with commerce student preparing for banking competition from ...
  A: Some people have the type of brain that works best when moving around. Do you notice how some ...
ADHD8/4/2013Tim Runner
  Q: sir, My child aged 5 yrs is diagnosd with ADHD and Devolopmental Language disorder last year. he is ...
  A: Rajesh, You are doing the right thing by seeking advice from your psychologist. Since your son is ...
Punishing Niece7/8/2013Sharon Crandall
  Q: My niece Emily is 20, and has ADHD. She stays at my house a lot, and she's usually well behaved. But ...
  A: I am not sure if I can help you. A 20 year old person is usually going to college and working, and ...
Adhd meds side affects5/22/2013Dr Billy Levin
  Q: Levin, How are you? My 7-year-old son has been on Vyvanse for 18 months. His diagnosis is ADHD and ...
  A: Children on stimulants may well have a reduced appetite but in the long run they will not suffer any ...
Out of control 5y/o3/19/2013Tim Runner
  Q: I am becoming increasingly concerned with the behaviour of my 5 year old son. He is in year 1 this ...
  A: Loraine, I'm sorry to report I really don't have any magic pill to help your son. Being an ...
ADHD diagnosis deferred?1/23/2013Dr Billy Levin
  Q: Our child has recently completed psychological testing as we had school concerns related to paying ...
  A: Your description of the child is typical of ADHD. As such this condition is a genetically inherited ...
AD/HD12/30/2012Dr Billy Levin
  Q: I have 4 children ages 10, 8, 5 and 3. My 8 year old is giving me the time of my life grief. There ...
  A: Unfortulately your child is not the only problem you have. As ADHD is an inherited Neurological ...
apraxia and adhd12/27/2012Dr Billy Levin
  Q: which medication for adhd is best for my sons co morbid condition, we have tried intuniv 1mg daily ...
  A: ARe you ready for my answer? Fish oil is totally useless! The side affects you mention are not ...
my 8yr old son12/10/2012Dr Billy Levin
  Q: my son is 8 years old and was initially put on ritallin. i did not like the effect it had on him as ...
  A: You ask that some one help. I am not someone, I am Dr. Levin. I am sure I can help but you have not ...
My diagnosis11/8/2012Dr Billy Levin
  Q: I am Sudharsan Ranga I am a college student.Last year I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder(GAD I ...
  A: Neglected and untreated ADHD/ADD can certainly cause anxiety and eventually lead to resistant ...
Adding concerta as additional11/2/2012Dr Billy Levin
  Q: My 14yr male has working diagnosis add since grade 5. Has been on concerta with great results but ...
  A: Without knowing what doses of Concerta he took, or at what exact time he took it, or how many days a ...
ADHD meds10/24/2012Dr Billy Levin
  Q: I have a history of depression and anxiety and have been put on ADD meds beginning last week. I am ...
  A: Unfortunately your comments make me feel there is far more than just depression and ADD. You are on ...
help!!!10/3/2012Norm Bishop
  Q: i really want to fix my add but without a pill... how can i do that???
  A: There is no guarantee that any alternative treatment will be as effective as Adderal or Ritalin, but ...
Son can't earn/manage money8/8/2012Sharon Crandall
  Q: My 25 year old son has always had difficulty keeping/getting jobs, and he almost never has any ...
  A: Without my being able to evaluate him I can only guess what is happening but I will say this. People ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Dr Billy Levin

Top Expert on this page