Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)/8year old son attitude

Ed wrote at 2013-03-11 00:41:08
How did you make out with your son? I am having the very same issue with my 8 year old son. We have been bringing him to a behaviorist and Dr. He was diagnosed with annexity. We are trying everything they recommend, but the behaviors are still there. Any feedback would be great.  

Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Tim Runner

Being an Education Advocate, I am able to answer questions related to educating students diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. I represent numerous students with these challenges. Too often schools do not properly serve the needs of these students and I sometimes have to fight to get my clients the special education services they require. Sometimes the schools push for medication rather than looking at the needs of the student. For some of my clients, medications have worked wonders, but for others medication is not the answer. Many times schools want to give parents a 504 Plan rather than qualifying the child for special education. Some of my clients have been well served by 504 Plans, but being qualified for special education services has many advantages. I have answered over a thousand AllExperts' questions in the categories of Special Education, Autism, and Speech.

I have represented hundreds of students and their parents over the past 7 years as an Education Advocate. I have been successful in getting my clients the services they need from their schools. Often I find myself educating parents about their legal options for their children. Once we agree on a plan of action, I implement it to the benefit of the student.

I have a degree in Mathematics with minors in psychology and physics from the University of California.

Having answered over one thousand questions, I have received very high ratings from the parents I have helped through in the categories of Special Education, Autism, and Speech.