Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)/Behavioral issues in school

Question
I have an 7yr old second-grader who is a straight A student since he was in kindergarten. Rencently my son has begin to exhibit defiant behavior only at school. He is very disruptive, speaks out while the teacher is teaching, he bothers others stundents and sometimes he doesn't complete his work. He is also an excellent reader and has blown me away many times by the ypes of words he can read, however he has made his school believe that in the last report card period that he can nolonger read. He is also back talking teachers which confuses me because he is always polite and well mannered at home. I started by stop his leisure t.v.  And instead made him earn it by reding a story and answering questions for 2hrs t.v. Time. I ve recently took his t.v. And laptop and now he goes to bed early every night. I've spanked him I've talked to him I've begged him to tell me what I can do to help or why he has changed but he always says he doesn't know. Recently his grades dropped to all B's and one C I'm worried at the rate he is going he may have D's on his report card. His teachers are concerned because he is very intelligent but they are have a hard time getting him to do work if they aren't sitting right next to him. I'm stumpped on what to do next.

Answer
Brenda Thompson,

It sounds like your son needs psychological counseling. You should ask in writing for the school to assess him for special education. The fact that his grades have dropped and his behaviors at school, should qualify him. He obviously needs help.  

Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Tim Runner