Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)/ADD accommodation in Middle School

my son has ADD and has a mild expressive and receptive learning disorder.  He is attending 6th grade and he receives certain accommodations in the classroom such  as the tests are done in the different classroom  with few children; there are aids that help kids that need some help.   What other accommodations can I ask for my child in the next 504 meeting? My son mentioned  that there is a  teacher that  just talks the whole hour and of course after 10 minutes  mu son loses all the concentration.  At the end of the class, he did not understand the project nor the assessment.  

I would ask for overall planning instruction, where he keeps a system of knowing when things are due, when he needs to complete each assignment, and a system of getting things turned in to the appropriate teacher.  This extra help will begin to allow you son to learn responsibility for his own education.  

Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Norm Bishop

I have 40 years experience teaching learning disabled students, including some diagnosed as ADHD. I can answer basic questions about special education law, instructional techniques, and best spec. ed. practice

Experience as a teacher, administrator, consultant, tutor, diagnostician. Love to teach!

See Special Education profile

See Special Education profile

see Special Education profile

See Special Education profile

See Special Education profile