Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)/Welbutrin

Hi Dr. Billy
Hope you and yours are well.
About a month ago I went off my welbutrin. It was prescribed for adult A.D.D., and seemed to work well for years. My wife definitely noticed the difference when I 'experimented' and went off it a couple times in the past.
This time, although I feel about the same mentally in terms of the A.D.D.,(racing thoughts, distraction, etc) I am starting to get bored again-in spite of lots to do. Havent felt like that since pre welbutrin. Also, I have gained a few pounds on my belly, in spite of not eating any more, and continuing to exercise.
A little googling finds that welbutrin actually helps control blood sugar. I don't have diabetes but do have trouble digesting carbs, which bloat me up and go straight to my belly.
I think I will go back on. I felt better mentally and physically when on it.
God Bless, and thanks for your thoughts!

It is impossible to answer without doing a full neurological examination on a patient. However starting and/or stopping medical treatment is not for the layman. It requires medical expertise. Moreover there is a specific  method of planning a trial off medication intended to do no harm or hasty  impulsive actions. I would sincerely suggest you consult with a medical expert rather than experimenting yourself with you health.      
         Dr. Billy

Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Dr Billy Levin

All questions related to medical diagnosis ,treatment ,councilling ,remediation and monitoring medication in ADHD and co morbid conditions.

Mainly children, some Adults with ADHD and co-morbid conditions, country wide.