How to Attract the Man of Your Dreams/Lost opportunity?

Dr. Neder,
I was in a six-week bible study group organized by my very large church recently.  There was a man in the group who I thought was handsome and interesting.  You could tell that he was painfully shy and whenever I looked at him he looked down (but then I felt him looking at me when I was looking in another direction).  Anyway, yesterday was our last meeting and I think he was waiting on me to leave to try to leave with me.  As we were leaving together (yes!) someone called my name and ran up to me as if she had something important to tell me.  It turns out that she was telling me that she thought me and the man I "liked" should go out.  Ironically, her running up to me prevented me from leaving with him and might have made me lose my opportunity.  I went outside and didn't see him, so I walked towards my car.  He then came out and started walking in my direction (but on the other side of the street), but then I got into my car, way too shy to see if he really was interested (which was so stupid!)  Anyway, is this a lost opportunity?  I know his email from the group emails that were sent.  Should I email him?  Would that be lame?  Did I totally screw up by not running up to him to talk to him?  
Thank you!

Hello Teresa!

ABSOLUTELY you should email him!

Teresa, these chances don't come along every day. Life is funny like that. You have to go after them when you get them - or risk beating yourself up over the opportunity-lost.

Here's what I suggest:

Email him to just ask him how he enjoyed the bible study and to wish him a happy holiday and then see what becomes of it. It's not weird at all. What would be "weird" would be for you to be interested in him and then do nothing hoping that somehow things will just happen all by themselves.

Seize the day!

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

How to Attract the Man of Your Dreams

Dr. Dennis W. Neder

Literally, any question related to finding and meeting the man of your dreams. I am the top-rated expert in "General Dating Questions", "How to Attract the Man/Woman of your Dreams" and "Places to Meet People". In fact, over the past few years, I've answered over 32,000 letters from readers, have written over 700 articles, written numerous books, recorded CD's and DVD's, done hundreds of radio and tv shows and have millions of readers all over the world. If your question is particularly sensitive you can also write to me privately and securely at:

I've written many books on every aspect of dating, sex and relationships. My new book, "How Women Can Approach Men" is already quickly becoming one of our best-sellers! Women have many tools at their disposal and shouldn't have to wait for "Mr. Right" to come along! After reading some of the advice the women in this section are getting from other women, I think it's a good idea to offer a man's perspective.

Numerous boards and commissions, civic organizations, etc.

Thousands of websites, magazines, radio and TV.

Doctor of Philosophy