How to Attract the Man of Your Dreams/Was She Flirting?

Dear Dr. Neder,

About 2 weeks ago I was sitting with a young woman in my church while we were eating lunch. We were facing one another at the end of a long rectanglar table. Another woman (Whom is married) walked past the table, and as she walked past she looked at me and said, "This air feels good over here". She ent to the table behind ours, and spoke to another woman for about 1 minute. On her return she stopped about 7 ft. away from where I was sitting, and stood there facing in my direction, and then she bagan rubbing her fingers through her hair in a backwards direction. At this point an unrelated incident took place in that a 3rd woman came over to me, and was asking did I leave a message on her cell phone about how to use the phone. During our communication the woman who walked past our table came closer, and began rubbing her fingers across her throat, shoulders, and hair areas. She stood about 5 ft. away. At this point I didn't know aht was going on. As a matter of fact, I almost began to burst out laughing in front of the 3rd woman's face. I was thinking to myself, "Is she trying to get my attention???" The 3rd woman then walked away afre we chatted a bit. Next, the woman who was standing there moved in 4 ft. closer and was standing beside the woman I was sitting in front of. The woman I was sitting in front of pretended she didn't notice, and put her head down, and pretended she was looking through her purse for something. At least 5 minutes now elapsed. Next she began to come and stand right next to me, and at this point I thought to myself "Oh my God, What is she up to?"

Dr. Neder, in truth... There is a slight breeze near the table. So, I thought to myself, Was she flirting or was she really just airing out? The woman I was sitting in front of didn't mention it. I wondered, Was it all in my mind? The next week the woman I was sitting in front of finally mentioned it, and asked me, What do you think of________ standing there for about 5 minutes doing what she did? Did you notice that? I told her I got two opinions from other people, and I was told she may have been flirting. She burst out laughing, and said, "I don't know...maybe".

So, Dr. Neder, What is your feed back as it would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Hello William!

My "feedback"? Well, it was church after all. Maybe the holy spirit got hold of her?

William, I can't comment on strange things that people do over 5 minutes of their lives. I'll bet if we carefully examined yours there were some pretty strange things you've done too. Everyone does weird, crazy and even wonderful things at times. We are all colorful, creative, emotional creatures who are compelled to act out based on thousands upon thousands of individual experiences than happen every single day.

You'd be far better off not judging this woman by this short 5-minute period and look more deeply into her life as a whole for an answer. Just remember how many zany things you've done to get where you are today while you're looking.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

How to Attract the Man of Your Dreams

Dr. Dennis W. Neder

Literally, any question related to finding and meeting the man of your dreams. I am the top-rated expert in "General Dating Questions", "How to Attract the Man/Woman of your Dreams" and "Places to Meet People". In fact, over the past few years, I've answered over 32,000 letters from readers, have written over 700 articles, written numerous books, recorded CD's and DVD's, done hundreds of radio and tv shows and have millions of readers all over the world. If your question is particularly sensitive you can also write to me privately and securely at:

I've written many books on every aspect of dating, sex and relationships. My new book, "How Women Can Approach Men" is already quickly becoming one of our best-sellers! Women have many tools at their disposal and shouldn't have to wait for "Mr. Right" to come along! After reading some of the advice the women in this section are getting from other women, I think it's a good idea to offer a man's perspective.

Numerous boards and commissions, civic organizations, etc.

Thousands of websites, magazines, radio and TV.

Doctor of Philosophy