How to Attract the Man of Your Dreams/Dating Advice

I am 24 years old, going on 25 in a few months.  While so many of my friends are in long term relationships or even getting married I am single.  I don't mind being single but seeing everyone else in relationships causes me anxiety.  I have never had a long term relationship and I am starting to feel the pressure.  My biggest concern is if I don't start dating soon I am going to be essentially left behind and not able to find a partner.  Am I crazy to think this?  I would say since college I have been somewhat lost.  My career has not blossomed like I hoped and I'm not sure what I am doing in any aspect of my life.  Is this normal for someone in their 20's.  I guess some sort of reassurance would be nice.  Thanks

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your question.

To answer your question: yes, the way that you are feeling is completely normal for someone in their mid-20s.

It is not something that is talked about too much but many people who are 25 go through what I like to call a "quarter life crisis."  This is because most of our lives are so regimented and scheduled. We go to school and then we are told to go to college, get a good job, and get married. We "expect" that these things are just supposed to happen. And when they do not, we can get very down on ourselves and we will ask ourselves "what is wrong with me?"

To get through this hard time in your life, you get to first of all: stop putting so much pressure on yourself! And then, be honest with yourself. Do you really want to settle down and get married right now?  Do you really want a 9 to 5 job or are you just thinking that is what you "should" want?  What things do you do that you think that you "should" do?

I use the word "should" because it is a word that can be very dis-empowering and depressing to us. A "should" is anything that we do out of obligation because we believe that we do not have a choice. Where in your life do you feel limited by all of the shoulds?

After you tackle this, I encourage you to be honest with yourself about what you do want. How do you most want to spend your time? What lights you up and brings excitement and passion into your heart?

Bee Loving Bee Wise,

How to Attract the Man of Your Dreams

Lauren Kay Wyatt

As an Intuitive Relationship Expert, I assist people in getting out of relationship hell by loving themselves all the way to relationship bliss. Any questions pertaining to manifesting relationship bliss is what I do best! Using my intuition, personal, and professional experience, I offer insightful,practical, honest, and uplifting advice on all relationship matters.

I have had several romantic and long-term relationships. I used to struggle in my relationships, but through healing, self-discovery, and keeping things simple, I manifested relationship bliss by marrying the partner-of-my-dreams and repairing all past relationships (familial, romantic, and platonic.) In my professional life, I chose to use my intuition, experience, and professional training to support people in manifesting success in their relationships.

Advanced Soul Realignment Practitioner- Reiki Master- Soul Enrichment Center of El Paso, TX Bachelor's of Arts in English & Anthropology from Texas State University