Audi Repair/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Audi TT stalling12/5/2008Jan
  Q: I have a 2000 audi tt and it drives perfectly for about 5 miles and when i stop at a light it just ...
  A: Why the 45 minute wait, will the car not start right back up? When it stalls does it just feel like ...
headlights12/4/2008Jan
  Q: well my right bottom yellow light does not turn on the blinker does but not the yellow strip under ...
  A: Your manual should have a section on how to replace individual bulbs. I doubt that a whole unit is ...
Used incorrect radiator coolant in '93 Audio 90CS12/3/2008Jan
  Q: I would like to thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have to the following matter. I ...
  A: For a 1993 90CS, the different metals in the engine can give rise to premature corrosion if the ...
Audi A6 wagon doesnt start12/3/2008Jan
  Q: I recently purchased an Audi A6 Quattro Wagon, everything was fine until one night a few nights ago, ...
  A: Sounds like the relay is not being energized enough to start the engine, and it is just clicking on ...
2003 Audi A6 Cd error 212/2/2008Jan
  Q: My cd changer gives Err 2 whenever I try to play a cd-- homemade or a store bought original. It used ...
  A: This could be a loose wire. I would check both connectors, on the radio side and on the CD side. ...
audi A4 condensation problems12/2/2008Jan
  Q: On rainy/humid days, the windows condensate up. I've tried having the heater/demister on various ...
  A: You could have a leaky windshield seal, or another leak into the car. Check the area between the ...
Audi A8 Aftermarket Cats "Check Engine" Light11/30/2008Jan
  Q: I have a 2000 A8 with 150K miles. The "check engine" light was coming on with codes indicating main ...
  A: You basically are literally and figuratively the drip that caused the bucket to spill over. Your ...
heater in audi not working11/29/2008Jan
  Q: heater in my 1997 audi a6 quattro is not blowing hot air. Mechanic has replaced water pump and ...
  A: If the heater core is warming up, then the heater valve should be working. Then the flap valve ...
1998 Audi A4 Avant quattro11/26/2008Jan
  Q: The speedo, tach, gas gauge stopped operating. Other items in the instrument cluster work. ...
  A: On the back of the instrument cluster is a power regulator chip which supplies voltage to the gas ...
a4 2005 air bag light11/23/2008Jan
  Q: I have had my car in the shop at least 6 times for the airbag light. Each time they have repaired ...
  A: I would take this to the service manager, stating that the original problem was never fixed. If ...
Audi 2005 a4 trunk11/23/2008Jan
  Q: My Audi trunk won't shut. I end up having to slam it down several times before it will hold. The ...
  A: I think the latch on the trunk lock is not working properly. You may be able to lubricate it to get ...
A4 wont restart11/17/2008Jan
  Q: I have an A4 99 with 130K Kilometers on it. When I start the car in the morning it starts and runs ...
  A: The poor starting may be due to a vapor lock in the fuel line, or a tired pump. Mine does the same ...
A4 misfiring and now won't start.11/16/2008Jan
  Q: Jan, My 2003 Audi A4 2.0lt FSI has been misfiring for a couple of weeks, but i haven't had time due ...
  A: If the car does not spark at all, then it is unlikely that all the coil packs went bad. Did you ...
Remote battery replacement A411/12/2008Jan
  Q: How do I replace the batteries on the remote of a Audi A4 1999 model?
  A: This procedure is more easily done with pictures, I am sure someone has posted this on the forums. ...
Low acceleration11/12/2008Jan
  Q: My 2006 Audi A6 is not accelerating and although the blower is working, the heater is not producing ...
  A: I don't think all of these are connected. It sounds like you have a leak in the windshield seal or ...
Check Engine, ABS+Brake Lights, RPM won't move at the same time the AC won't blow in cold air11/8/2008Jan
  Q: I realize that my Check Engine light could be on for many various reasons. Only a diagnostic test ...
  A: It sounds like perhaps the ABS sensor was not plugged in properly, also there should be a wear ...
Check Engine light11/4/2008Jan
  Q: I have a 2001 Audi A6 that I have had for 5 years and I have never had any problems with it. Within ...
  A: How many miles do you have on the car? It could be if you're close to 100k that you are coming up ...
1996 A6 Head Gasket11/1/2008Jan
  Q: After driving for 15 minutes, I began to smell a burning smell in the car. I pulled over and ...
  A: You may have had some condensation in the oil, which will show up as a milky deposit on the inside ...
2001 Audi A-4 Driver Information Display11/1/2008Jan
  Q: I have a 2001 Manual Audi A-4 2.8. The service information display works intermittently at best. ...
  A: These displays are notoriously problematic. They can be replaced but indeed they are expensive, ...
Vaccuum10/30/2008Jan
  Q: I noticed I have a broken vaccuum hose. I have a 2003 A4 Quattro and the part looks like it is ...
  A: Sounds like this is the flap for the second choke, used for wide open throttle mixture. I would ...
1996 Audi A4 Won't Start10/30/2008Jan
  Q: I went to dinner with a friend tonight, and when we went to drive away in the car. It wouldn't ...
  A: There could be many reasons for a no-start. First thing to check is that you are getting a spark, ...
2002 A-4 - Driver Window stuck10/28/2008Jan
  Q: I am looking for some assistance in trying to avoid a trip to Audi on this one. I lowered my ...
  A: More than likely the wire has either broken or has jumped off the track/rollers. You will need to ...
audi keyless remote stopped working10/27/2008Jan
  Q: .. just out of no where the other day my remote stopped working on my Audi... I first thought it was ...
  A: Did you get any water in the car? The module that controls the central locking is under one of the ...
Temperature gauge and warm Aircon10/27/2008Jan
  Q: For some reason my audi A4 B6 ALT's temperature gauge is no longer rising to 90 even when I have ...
  A: It sounds like your thermostat is stuck open, and most of the heat from your engine is going into ...
Manumatic10/26/2008Jan
  Q: Jan. Manumatic (Audi), or an electro-hydraulic manual transmission, is said to have the unpleasant ...
  A: This is more of a recoommendation request than a question, but I have tried the Tiptronic ...
Allroad suspension leaks after sensor replaced10/25/2008Jan
  Q: I recently had my height sensor replaced, because the ABS, EPS, and leveling system warning lights ...
  A: I think on this occasion it is worth a visit to the dealer with the explanation that perhaps the ...
A4 heater problem10/25/2008Jan
  Q: Im working on a 97 A4 Avant 2.8.No heat coming out of the vents. The fan blows only cold air,even on ...
  A: The flashing red temp light is usually low coolant. CHeck the coolant level switch and connections ...
Audi A-6 Torque Converter Codes10/24/2008Jan
  Q: I was getting a check engine light @ 64K miles for torque converter. Today I tried a complete flush ...
  A: 64k miles is pretty low mileage for a torque converter. Has anybody ever added the wrong fluid to ...
Fuel pump relay10/24/2008Jan
  Q: Which relay runs the fuel pump(number or location on relay panel) and how do I check it (97 Audi A4 ...
  A: The relays and fuses are described in your manual, or if the relays are under the dash, the lower ...
audi repair10/23/2008Jan
  Q: I have 1998 audi a6 ,the can oil light flashes and beeps 3 times while the tachometer is not working ...
  A: Get the codes read out of the computer. Your local import or accesory store can help you with that. ...
Audi A6 Turbo Converter10/23/2008Jan
  Q: I recently took my Audi into a shop and they said it would be $3000+ to fix the "turbo converter." ...
  A: I imagine this is either the catalytic converter or the torque converter. The torque converter ...
Transmission10/22/2008Jan
  Q: I have a 1997 audi cabriolet.I'm not sure but I think I might be having a transmission sensor ...
  A: Transmissions on 1996-1997 Audi Cabriolets are notoriously weak. You may be lucky and get away with ...
Audi A6 MIL flashing10/21/2008Jan
  Q: I have a 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Avant. The MIL is on but under acceleration, the MIL will start flashing ...
  A: Given the codes and the engine performance, I think I would go after the coil pack first. What is ...
electrical mess10/21/2008Jan
  Q: I have a 94 100cs with 168K miles that is having an electrical meltdown - hopefully not literally. ...
  A: It sounds like you have multiple problems. The stereo I suspect has a unique problem with the ...
Audi A4 air conditioning10/19/2008Jan
  Q: I have an 2002 Audi A4 and it sounds as if there is a valve in the air conditioning system which is ...
  A: Not sure what this noise is, does it come from underneath the dash? Can you make the noise change ...
2000 A6 2.8 Cam Adjustment malfunction10/18/2008Jan
  Q: I have a 2000 A6, 2.8, with 224k km. Oil temp gauge does not provide reading (gauge doesn't move) ...
  A: Unless you fix the problem, you shouldn't clear the code. The cam sensor is expensive new, but they ...
1998 A4 2.8 Quattro auto - rough gear change and stalling after disconnecting battery10/14/2008Jan
  Q: A while ago my battery died - after replacing with a new one, my auto gearbox changes gears more ...
  A: The brake light switch is a common failure item. I would replace it since it will probably fail ...
2003 Audi a4 Ignition Coil Replacement10/13/2008Jan
  Q: I have a bad igntion coil in my 2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet. I know this b/c its like the 3rd time its ...
  A: The replacement of a coil pack is fairly straightforward, I believe it is described in detail on the ...
Audi A3 Alarm10/13/2008Jan
  Q: I'm really hoping you can help as this fault is driving me mad!! My Audi is a 2002 registration ...
  A: I am assuming they replaced the lock in the passenger side. If the problem is still the same, then ...
O2 connector plug - Disassembly10/12/2008Jan
  Q: .. I attached a pic of a connector off an Audi I need to disassemble and then reassembe after ...
  A: I have never come across that before, Is it just for a replacement? In which case normally there ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Audi Repair