Audio Systems/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Audio in DVR3/23/2017Cleggsan
  Q: I dont know how much you know of DVR's and PTZ cameras, but I am currently having an issue with the ...
  A: Mic in is for the output of a microphone goes into the device for amplification. So you can remember ...
car entertain3/21/2017Cleggsan
  Q: Do I need rear speakers in the car . Thanks
  A: It is a personal choice. If you listen mostly to news and voice programs you would benifit little ...
Receiver and speaker combination3/16/2017Cleggsan
  Q: Our neighbors 5 jack Russell terriers bark non-stop when let outside in the morning until taken in ...
  A: I cannot vouch for the dog, but humans quickly get accustomed to hearing background noises. You ...
500 sq ft Indoor Cycling studio3/16/2017Jerry Mael
  Q: I'm looking for recommendation on audio equipment for a small 500 sq ft indoor cycling class studio. ...
  A: Since you have a mic already, I would start here to assure compatibility: ...
headphone AMP and external sound card3/9/2017Wayne Tapia
  Q: i am struggling to make my setup work. I have an iMac on which i am running Live 9 as a DAW, my ...
  A: The inputs for the amp on are the BACK of he unit. The "input" on the front of the amp is not the ...
vinyl to cd conversion3/9/2017Cleggsan
  Q: currently I have a VPI scout with soundsmith cartride connected to a PS audio nuwave phono converter ...
  A: I have no experience with the PL autocorrelator. But the noise from LPs is mostly scratch spikes ...
Turntable hookup2/20/2017Cleggsan
  Q: For Christmas, my son generously gave us a new stereo receiver (Yamaha AV Receiver RXV481). I ...
  A: Don't know that preamp but it may not have sufficient output to drive the eq. To prove the preamp is ...
Microphone receiver.2/9/2017Cleggsan
  Q: I need a rechargeable dual channel VHF headset microphone receiver. Who sells one?
  A: There are many dual mic systems if you follow this link: ...
Music program for computer1/22/2017Cleggsan
  Q: 3 computers ago, I used Musicmatch Jukebox software for managing and burning CDs and finding the ...
  A: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/MusicMatch/ According to the above link MMJB is compatible ...
Church Audio1/10/2017Cleggsan
  Q: I have a client that I do low volt work for and they asked if I could help with their audio system. ...
  A: I see nothing wrong with your proposal. It may be an improvement for driving the speakers and the ...
Home Audio Ignorant12/2/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I'm completely stupid regarding today's audio; my circa 1985 bookshelf system has gone to pasture ...
  A: A good place to start is cnet.com which carries reviews of all kinds. You can search it for stereo ...
Crown XLS 2000 Amplifier speaker connection11/28/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I have a Crown Xls 2000 amp and I need to connect 10 ceiling speakers in a room which is about 40 x ...
  A: I understand the question clearly but I need further information from your side.Do you want same ...
Multi zone audio communication system11/28/2016Wayne Tapia
  Q: I need to know what I need to set up a specific audio/communication system if possible. I will be ...
  A: I'm going to assume you are playing stereo music into each room... For the control room you'll need ...
Query re nonaudible PC headsets11/22/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I am looking for some PC headphones which are excellent for preventing others from hearing a single ...
  A: I understand your question. I don't know of any headphone maker that promotes this feature. The ...
matching impedance11/16/2016Wayne Tapia
  Q: I have a problem , i purchased a set 5.1 Yamaha speakers and sub , the problem is my amplifier is ...
  A: There is a way, but it's not inexpensive. You'd probably be better off just getting a new amp or ...
Car Subwoofer11/16/2016Cleggsan
  Q: Does my 1994 Chrysler Town and Country have a factory amp in it that is capable of handling a new 8" ...
  A: I am out of my office and don't have access to the auto files so don't know about your car. However ...
trouble hooking up untis11/13/2016Wayne Tapia
  Q: I have a Moon I-3Integrated Amplifier, Moon Equinox cd payer, and beryllium speakers. I recently ...
  A: I can't find the Marantz ST 001 online. Are you sure that is the proper model number? If you are ...
Turntable Humming11/10/2016Wayne Tapia
  Q: I have an Audio Technica- AT PL60 model. When playing records through my Yamaha receiver (RXV577) ...
  A: This is a tough one. I have the same turntable, and have not had any issues like this. It sounds ...
3.5mm feed10/12/2016Wayne Tapia
  Q: Is there a relatively inexpensive device that can take a 3.5mm analog stream of audio and record it ...
  A: You'll need to be a bit more specific as to what you're trying to accomplish then... What format are ...
Car audio to bass guitar amp10/11/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I have a six inch car sub woofer and and a cannon style enclosure. I do not have an amp as of yet. ...
  A: Yes, but car radio speakers don't make very good sound quality for guitars. But electrically there ...
no sound from aftermarket stereo installation10/2/2016Cleggsan
  Q: My buddy was doing an aftermarket stereo installation on a 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with ...
  A: Sorry for the delay. Without knowing the model number of the aftermarket unit I can only guess what ...
Hum and OVER LEVEL9/22/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I get a loud hum and OVER LEVEL displays when i connect my ITUT-201 to my AIWA AV-D58. There is no ...
  A: Is it something just now happening and it was okey before? Or is it a condition upon first ...
connecting my speaker to a sub9/5/2016Wayne Tapia
  Q: I recently purchased a Marshall Stanmore. It has an RCA, optical, aux, and Bluetooth input. I was ...
  A: Well - You're right, there is no output on those as they are meant to be kind of a portable unit. I ...
direct drive vs. belt drive - ?9/5/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I've been without a turntable for 20 years - but am thinking of getting back 'into it.' In years ...
  A: During the intervening years much improvements have been made amongst all TTs. Here is an quicky ...
car cd changer (10 disk deck)9/2/2016Cleggsan
  Q: We have an Infinity Q 45 the 92' model and it has a 10 disk Sony deck cd changer model CDX-5N61W we ...
  A: See the following link: http://www.fixya.com/support/t2073709-sony_cd_auto_changer_giving_me and ...
Car Audio Chevy Cobalt8/29/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I am looking to get a subwoofer for my car and I'm not sure what would be the best option for the ...
  A: Not a lot of space in a cobalt for big subs and you need big boxes to get deep bass. Here is my ...
Amp / Speaker requirements8/23/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I have a jukebox that has a 140 watt amp. I picked up a woofer speaker that is rated at 700 watts. ...
  A: No problem. You can ignore the power rating of the speaker as those specifications are mostly ...
B & K ref. 30 Processor connections8/22/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I have two PS-12 ampped subwoofers I want to connect to my B & K. It has one sub RCA output. Do I ...
  A: Yes, you can use the splitter at the output of the processor and feed one line each to a sub. The ...
Receiver8/3/2016Wayne Tapia
  Q: I'm trying to find a proper receiver. I have a 5.1 system in my house but the problem is that I ...
  A: While I do not make specific brand/model recommendations, there are many receivers on the market ...
failed speakers7/29/2016Wayne Tapia
  Q: Wayne, nice to meet you! I have a 10-year old computer, use the Microsoft Office suite 2003, and ...
  A: It seems it's not so much a matter that your speakers are "dead" as it seems that your audio card ...
OTA Audio7/20/2016Wayne Tapia
  Q: I have a question regarding Over The air TV and sound. I am currently researching a project of ...
  A: There should be some kind of AUDIO OUTPUT from your TV set. The type of output can vary from TV to ...
No radio reception7/15/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I have a 2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature with the factory installed Alpine Audiophile system with ...
  A: The white noise or static you hear from both AM and FM sounds like the antenna is not connecting. ...
no bass on speakers when playing vinyl7/15/2016Cleggsan
  Q: Hope you can help me identify the issues in my system. I have recently got a pair of Mission 773 ...
  A: Even before reading all the way through your question my mind was on the wiring to the bi-amped ...
Speakers7/7/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I purchased 2 speakers from guitar center as the local speaker store told me they couldn't help me ...
  A: The TX8 speakers look good to me, but there are so many to choose from. There is almost an infinite ...
Loudness6/30/2016Wayne Tapia
  Q: Is 90db twice as loud as 80db? How does that work and what speakers are appropriate for an outdoor ...
  A: It is 10x louder actually. Here are some articles that can explain decibels more eloquently than I ...
Speakers6/23/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I would like some decent speakers for outdoors but don't want to spend more than $150 as I've ...
  A: For outdoor use you don't need full surround playback - in my opinion. You could get good sound ...
Color coding6/18/2016Jerry Mael
  Q: I'm wondering what colored wires in a 99 grand Plymouth stand for and how I connect the wires from ...
  A: That is really old school but if you really want to chase that dragon, here you go: ...
6 disc DVD changer in my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan6/18/2016Cleggsan
  Q: i replaced my 6 disc DVD changer in my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan with another unit (same thing) and ...
  A: The dvd changer may be defective or there may be a bad interface connection. The replacement unit ...
Decent Audio6/17/2016Cleggsan
  Q: I purchased a rather good movie/TV/Gaming type projector for outdoor movie watching but it only has ...
  A: The 3.5mm outlet jack is good, full fidelity audio. You can purchase a cable that goes from 3.5mm to ...
car radio power intermittent6/9/2016Cleggsan
  Q: My car stereo is an upgraded Bose system in a 2000 special edition Miata...model Matushita 1m31, ...
  A: You didn't mention if you changed out the speaker systems. I need to know more about the complete ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Audio Systems

Cleggsan

Top Expert on this page