Audio Systems/m-error message

Joshua wrote at 2008-11-13 20:19:15
"M-Error" means "Mechanical Error." which means there is a gear stuck or something is stopping your cd changer to function properly. mine did the same thing not too long ago. seems to be pretty common with the Fisher 24 Disc changers. if you are capable of doing it yourself, you can go ahead and take it a part and see if theres any obvious problems that can be fixed. when i took mine apart, the WHOLE thing had to come apart and there was a piece or plastic under the CD carousel. its not an easy task, but its able to be done at home if you are capable. if not.....leave it to professionals. however, i don't think switching to an mp3 player is the solution. mp3 players are small, can be confusing, and are no where near as loud as my Fisher set up at home (24 disc changer, receiver, AM/FM tuner, and four 10" Kicker Intimate floor speakers)!

i hope i could help you.

i understand it can be frustrating.

i went 3 weeks without my CD changer.

i was furious.

that's all for me.

Blackford wrote at 2015-06-17 13:11:23
I just bought a Fisher Studio 60 CD changer, which also showed an Memory error. The resin you are receiving this message is because the unit is old and needs to be cleaned. I took mine apart to find that the turn table moved to slow for the unit hence a memory error. When I lifted the turn table off the unit I found that the Four little white wheels rubber tires were turned too black goo. I took each one out and cleaned the goo off with paint thinner and replaced the rubber tires with an O ring, then cleaned up the turn table. Putting it back together it worked like new. No longer does the memory error show up. I read this from a person that did the same in 2007 and posted it on the web. Thanks to him I too fixed my old CD changer.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers