Audio Systems/18-19 Hz generator - any tips, please?

jon wrote at 2013-03-02 18:14:17
Be careful playing around with sounds in the 18-19GHz region.

They might keep pests away, but sounds in that range are known to have adverse affects on humans.

In particular, NASA found that the human eye resonates at 18GHz, so sounds in the range can cause your eye to vibrate, and register movement that isn't there.

This is also the same sound range that volcanos, earthquakes and even tigers produce.

Sounds in this range have been shown to sometimes induce irrational fear in humans. Sounds in this range sometimes lead people to believe that a place is 'haunted'.

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers