Audio Systems/Connecting non-powered turntable.....

Sony Tony wrote at 2015-09-07 21:32:31

The Sony PS-LX56P is NOT powered by mains voltage but gets a power feed from a compatible Sony stack system. Do not attach a mains plug and send 110/220/240 volts into the deck! The Sony PS-LX56 is mains powered and looks the same but the "P" suffix is the clue. If you have the PS-LX56P it should be possible to use a low voltage DC power supply (WALL WART)with a bit of modification.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers