Audio Systems/connect amplifier to bose wave syst

Hi, i wanted to know if i can connect an amplifier or something else to improve the sound in the bose wave system, and if possible can you show me the steps on to how to do that? Thank you!

The quick answer is 'NO'.  Bose does not follow the international standardization of technical interface.  So, unless you are an engineer and understand the voltages necessary to interface with the Wave you should not attempt it.

Sorry, but Bose is not a user friendly environment for hobbiests, audiophiles and technologists.  I think Dr. Amar Bose intended it that way so as to remain unique among producers of consumer electronics equipment.  A clever business strategy, perhaps......  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers