Audio Systems/Outdoor Audio System

I am searching for an audio system that can handle extreme weather elements. The actual unit will be installed inside a barn with speakers inside and out. Speakers need to be able to volume adjust separately. Hot , cold, dust, are all issues. It will often play round the clock. Prefer AM/FM/CD/MP3.  Many units have already croaked. Wanting to make an informed decision. Thanks for your time and I welcome your suggestions.

You did not give a budget or the size of the barn.  However, most barns are by their nature pretty large!  And since you did not give a budget figure it would seem you are more interested in success than in a tight budget.

That being the case I would recommend professional amplifiers to drive the speakers with each one having its own gain or volume setting capability.  A brand that somes to mind it Peavey since they are used by music and rock groups in very environmentally challenged applications.

For the front end you need a small mixer board or milti channel playing system that will accomplish the control element you need.  Again, a professional system from a good music company would be the best solution.  Peavey makes such units as well as Yamaha and others.

If you go to 'google shopping' you will get some good ideas from which to choose.  They run in the price range from $250 up to $1,000 and more.

Hope this helps you get some ideas as you shop around.  

I know the problem with dusty, dirty and temperature variant conditions and hope that these products will provide the solution for you.  Thanks for a good question.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers