Audio Systems/Static in my speakers

I have a 2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan with the orginal speakers and I have static comining in from my speakers epecially in the front right door speaker. I hope that you can help me.

Thank you,

Well, it may be due to some electronic problem inside the radio/head unit. Or, is may be the speaker itself that is failing.

The most common cause of speaker noise - you call it static, but it may be more of a rattling noise, for example, can be from a defective speaker.  This is usually caused from age and over powering them by turning up the volume too loud for lenthy periods of time.  Sometimes it is from rain or moisture getting into the speaker - especially for speakers mounted in  the door it becomes more problematic.

Your Sienna is now almost 10 years of age and the speakers could well be getting 'tired'.

The fact that one speaker is more problematic than others tends to point to the speakers as opposed to the radio unit.  

If you think, after reading the comments, the speaker(s) are to blame it will cost about $30 to $50 for a speaker replacement.  Do not take it to the Toyota car dealer as their price to replace will be much greater than a local car installer place.

If you go to they have a solution page that will lead you to a list of speakers that will fit your door and give adequate performance for the radio unit.  

Hope this helps.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers