Audio Systems/2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Headunit replacement

I have found a wiring harness for my 2001 Aurora but it does not have an interface. Will that mess up the electronics in my car. I know I will lose door chimes, which does not bother me. I just don't want to have electrical issues later.

See here:

The above contains the wiring description and color codes for the factory wiring scheme.

Since I don't know which wiring harness you have I cannot know what to expect but if it is the correct harness everything should be alright.

Please check your wiring harness against the ones listed in site below:

Maybe this will help you get going the right direction.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers