Audio Systems/Can I directly connect/control satellite radio from my OEM JVC Toyota Camry stereo?

I'm looking to hook up my SiriusXM Starmate 8 satellite receiver to my OEM 2005 Toyota Camry JVC stereo. I don't have navigation but my stereo does have an input button that says SAT...I'm assuming that this means I can directly connect to the stereo? My end goal is to be able to control the satellite from my stereo face while being able to disconnect the satellite receiver and use it elsewhere.
What parts and pieces are required to make this happen, if it is possible to directly connect?

THANKS for your help!

Is this a toyota radio ? or a jvc radio, most likely you made a mistake because toyota have nothing todo with jvc and you mention a SAT button  most likely you have the original toyota radio,
the oem toyota radio can only control 2 satellite radios, the oem Toyota brain and the siriues scc1 , in your case you can listen to your portable satellite radio but the Starmate 8 is a portable satellite radio and not compatible to comunicate with the Toyota radio for controls or text, audio only is the best you can do  

this interface allow you to input digital audio from your satellite

Toyota audio adapter interface  

Audio Systems

Ernesto R

Please year and model of the vehicle, I need all the details, I'm a car electronics installer with 24 years of experience. I'am very familiar with installations of in-dash head units,factory head units, factory car audio, hands-free phone kits, auxiliary audio inputs and iPod iPhone interface integration bluetooth and Car Alarms tracking devices security systems remote start If you need any help with your factory stereo, or how to add auxiliary audio or listen to your iPod IPhone android in your vehicle I currently have a MECP Master Installation Technician certification. My answers are based on my experience in vehicles and my knowledge of automotive electronics I don't put much emphasis on brand names; you won't often find me putting down a brand or pushing one on, dont send me a list of what brands i like better sorry i can not help you with vehicles that are not in the u.s.a also video and security

oem integration
factory car audio
factory cd changer and hands free cell phones
satellite radio
auxiliary audio input ipod interface audio modules car alarms tracking devices

yahoo answers iPod lounge pt cruiser

MECP certified chrysler tech car alarm installer of the year