Audio Systems/Need Speakers

I was given a Denon DRA-685, a 100 watt 2 channel but was told the speakers were blown.  Could you suggest what speakers for me to buy that would match this model?  Thanks.

It's a fine receiver with a 100 watts/channel audio output.  Speakers should be at least 4 ohm impedance.

Any speaker system of your choice will work fine with this receiver.  There are hundreds to choose from.  The ones you select should be within your budget and have sound quality that is pleasing for you to listen to.  

Best wishes.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers