Audio Systems/Sirius home docking station line out to speakers

I have a Sirius desktop docking station with a line out. Amplifier Output Power is 5W continuous per channel, 10W peak
The headphone output is 5mW, 32 ohm headphones.
The docking station has its own speaker system, but I have two (old) wall mounted TOA model 265-m5 speakers that I would like to use. These TOAs have a 75W input with 8 ohm impedance.

I bought speaker wire with RCA ends at Radio Shack, and they also sold me a stereo/phono pre-amplifier. The pre-amp gain is 50X (10V in + 5V out). Max. Output is 1.8V. Max input is 30mV and the S/N Ration: Over 60 dB. It has L and R in (RCA) and I also bought a Y with RCA L and R to a stereo pin into the docking station.

To test this system, I hooked one speaker to the output on the pre-amp and all I got was hum. Oddly, I put the speaker RCA into Y with a pin and plugged it into the headphone out on the docking station and got sound through the speaker – weak, but sound instead of hiss.

Can you tell me what’s wrong with this picture?
Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Jeff Dickson

I have the same system but you can't wire that to speakers, there is no power out only low level signal, the directed system comes with a small 2 watts per channel for the internal speakers only
i don't know where you get this infor from ( Power is 5W continuous per channel, 10W peak)
that is not the case i am using an amplifier  

Audio Systems

Ernesto R

Please year and model of the vehicle, I need all the details, I'm a car electronics installer with 24 years of experience. I'am very familiar with installations of in-dash head units,factory head units, factory car audio, hands-free phone kits, auxiliary audio inputs and iPod iPhone interface integration bluetooth and Car Alarms tracking devices security systems remote start If you need any help with your factory stereo, or how to add auxiliary audio or listen to your iPod IPhone android in your vehicle I currently have a MECP Master Installation Technician certification. My answers are based on my experience in vehicles and my knowledge of automotive electronics I don't put much emphasis on brand names; you won't often find me putting down a brand or pushing one on, dont send me a list of what brands i like better sorry i can not help you with vehicles that are not in the u.s.a also video and security

oem integration
factory car audio
factory cd changer and hands free cell phones
satellite radio
auxiliary audio input ipod interface audio modules car alarms tracking devices

yahoo answers iPod lounge pt cruiser

MECP certified chrysler tech car alarm installer of the year