Audio Systems/Tsunami capacitors

Question
Im running 2 Tsunami 1farad capacitors in my system.usually they start up with 14.4.an in the 13's when in use.when i kill engine.they stay on for a minute or two,counting down to about 12.3.then goes out.
i put in a new stock battery.now the caps.stay on all nite reading 12.8.had to turn lights on an wait til they got to about 12.5 an went out.
Is there a way to prevent this?
leaving an accs. turned on after engine is off.to drain caps to go out.

Answer
I am inclined to think you are wired up wrong.  If the power amp is going off the caps should remain fully charged until the amp is turned on.

Therefore, please check the remote wiring to make sure your amp is going off and not draining down the caps.

During the installation of the amps there is usually a charging up procedure that allows you to get them charged before you make the final connection to the amp circuits.

This is a good tutorial about installing and charging up caps:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-U3OpZKDubbY/learn/learningcenter/car/capacitors/faq

Best wishes.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan