Audio Systems/Tsunami capacitors

Im running 2 Tsunami 1farad capacitors in my system.usually they start up with in the 13's when in use.when i kill engine.they stay on for a minute or two,counting down to about 12.3.then goes out.
i put in a new stock the caps.stay on all nite reading 12.8.had to turn lights on an wait til they got to about 12.5 an went out.
Is there a way to prevent this?
leaving an accs. turned on after engine is drain caps to go out.

I am inclined to think you are wired up wrong.  If the power amp is going off the caps should remain fully charged until the amp is turned on.

Therefore, please check the remote wiring to make sure your amp is going off and not draining down the caps.

During the installation of the amps there is usually a charging up procedure that allows you to get them charged before you make the final connection to the amp circuits.

This is a good tutorial about installing and charging up caps:

Best wishes.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers