Audio Systems/Which mini hi fi system can play files from USB hard drive?

Question
Could you pls advise? I am looking for a mini hifi system which can play music files like mp3 from a USB external hard drive.

I know that many mini hi fi systems can play mp3 from a USB stick. But apparently they will not play files from a 1TB external hard drive. That is why I have not bought anything yet.

Thank you.

Answer
That is a good question.  I do not know of any packaged or shelf player system that will take a HD but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  A google and Amazon search did not show up such product.  

You can google around and find some interesting discussions on this topic however. Here is an interesting forum/commentary:

http://ask.metafilter.com/157955/Simplest-possible-means-of-listening-to-music-f

And, there is an interesting device that will do it, so they say:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001JZFQU4/metafilter-20/ref=nosim/

But I know nothing about it; you must study it to see if will help.

Mostly, the people talking about external HD music play are saying to use a computer.  I think their are apps that allow you to use an iPOD, iPAD or android device which can then be placed in a player that will take the USB from the portable device.

Best wishes. If you find an easy solution for what you want, let me know.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan