Audio Systems/wet speakers

my portable radio speakers got wet, can I dry them out,will they still work like before

You did not give me a model number so I cannot know the speakers and technology of the radio.

If they are paper cone speakers and transistor type electronics they will probably be okey. But you must let it dry out for at least 2 or 3 days without trying to turn it on;;; keep the power off for that time before you try it again.

Good Luck.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers