Audio Systems/Behringer Ultracoustic ACX 1000 guitar amp

I have a Behringer Ultracounstic ACX 1000 guitar amplifier. It powers on, but two dashes flash on the display, and theres no sound . Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

This is quite a complicated unit.  It is highly integrated with circuitry that could cause the kind of problem you are experiencing just about anywhere.  I would need to know more about what is going on.  Actually, I think the best strategy is to have a technician go hands on with testing and troubleshooting.

With audio amplification the first places to look are the main power supply and audio output driver sections..  But that is just a guess.  There could be some problem with a voltage regulator or IC chip that is malfunctioning or even a broken board (if you take it around much).

Hope this helps, some.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers