Audio Systems/bose, 4 speaker system, in 97 nissan maxima

I have been trying to locate the factory bose radio for my son. His car, when had no radio/cd player, in when purchased. What player, model number, do we need. The car has May 1997 on the door. I am at a lose as to where to look for a original player. Thanks for your help. Dan Kahla

You might try where I found this item:

You might try eBay also as I found a couple of used units.  

That year model Maxima came with either Bose head units or non-Bose - probably by Clarion.

Finding the Bose is more difficult.

Also, go to and walk through their 'what fits my car' analysis. Here is the starting web for you to follow:

Hope this helps.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers