Audio Systems/Problem

Question
2001 lexus is300 sedan factory radio. After it rained ones day my stereo started buzzing and crackling, it made a high pitched noise then I turned car off and started it again the noise stopped but my radio doesn't sound as powerful. Also my security light was stuck on for until the car seemed to dry out. A week later I noticed  When I turn my instrument panel brightness control knob brighter my stereo also gets louder.

Answer
Hard to diagnose this from long distance.  It sounds like it might be a bad fuse, broken wire in the wiring harness system, voltage regulator, or other system failure points.  And, of course could still have a moisture problem somewhere.

I think you will eventually need to take into a custom repair shop. I doubt if the Lexus dealer can help with this one unless something makes a stronger case for factory wiring at fault.

And, it could be the instrument panel lighting issue is unrelated - my guess.

I think it is worth asking for a second opinion from Ernesto R who has lots of hands on experience like this one. You can reach him on:

http://www.allexperts.com/user.cgi?m=4&expID=69262&catID=835

Hoping this will help.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan