Audio Systems/Problem

2001 lexus is300 sedan factory radio. After it rained ones day my stereo started buzzing and crackling, it made a high pitched noise then I turned car off and started it again the noise stopped but my radio doesn't sound as powerful. Also my security light was stuck on for until the car seemed to dry out. A week later I noticed  When I turn my instrument panel brightness control knob brighter my stereo also gets louder.

Hard to diagnose this from long distance.  It sounds like it might be a bad fuse, broken wire in the wiring harness system, voltage regulator, or other system failure points.  And, of course could still have a moisture problem somewhere.

I think you will eventually need to take into a custom repair shop. I doubt if the Lexus dealer can help with this one unless something makes a stronger case for factory wiring at fault.

And, it could be the instrument panel lighting issue is unrelated - my guess.

I think it is worth asking for a second opinion from Ernesto R who has lots of hands on experience like this one. You can reach him on:

Hoping this will help.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers