Audio Systems/Speakers popping

I have a 2004 Toyota Sequoia and recently the stereo system starting working intermittently.  We took it to the dealer and they wanted to charge 4 hours of labor to find the problem.  I agreed to one hour and all they said was that it could be the amp or loose speaker wires.  I want to try and fix this my self, but I don't know where to start.  The speakers pop even when the entire stereo system is turned off??  They used to pop for a few minutes and then the system would work fine, but now it rarely works at all.  Should I start with replacing the amp?  Thanks for your help; any guidance is appreciated.

Sounds like an amplifier problem, but there is no way to test it you don't have the correct tools,
but the noise can also be send by the radio I seen more Toyota JBL Radios go bad

you need to pull the radio and see if there is any local shop with the factory amplifiers and speakers to test outside the vehicle
if the radio works you can replace the amplifier,

check here for the amplifier or toyota radio <a href=”” rel=”dofollow”></a>
Toyota Factory Radios

Audio Systems

Ernesto R

Please year and model of the vehicle, I need all the details, I'm a car electronics installer with 24 years of experience. I'am very familiar with installations of in-dash head units,factory head units, factory car audio, hands-free phone kits, auxiliary audio inputs and iPod iPhone interface integration bluetooth and Car Alarms tracking devices security systems remote start If you need any help with your factory stereo, or how to add auxiliary audio or listen to your iPod IPhone android in your vehicle I currently have a MECP Master Installation Technician certification. My answers are based on my experience in vehicles and my knowledge of automotive electronics I don't put much emphasis on brand names; you won't often find me putting down a brand or pushing one on, dont send me a list of what brands i like better sorry i can not help you with vehicles that are not in the u.s.a also video and security

oem integration
factory car audio
factory cd changer and hands free cell phones
satellite radio
auxiliary audio input ipod interface audio modules car alarms tracking devices

yahoo answers iPod lounge pt cruiser

MECP certified chrysler tech car alarm installer of the year