Audio Systems/Accidentally ruined power antenna

Question
My car is a 2006 Grand jeep Cherokee. I recently just took out my factory radio and was trying to put in another one. however, the power antenna did not fit into the other radio I had so my friend said all we have to do is break off the plastic around it. So we did that and it still didn't fit so he said to break off the little metal pieces around it so we did and it fit finally but did not work. So im asking here how do i fix it? I need serious help because no one seems to know what they are talking about. Thanks for your time.

Answer
you need to buy a piece of car antenna extension with the regular Motorola connector,
most extensions come with this connector, this will plug into the new radio, and the other end needs to be solder to the damage end, you have to cut the cable and solder the 2 wires,
there is no other way to repair it

next time purchase the antenna adaptor they are $10.00 and braking pieces from the antenna was a very bad idea  

Audio Systems

Ernesto R