Audio Systems/Accidentally ruined power antenna

My car is a 2006 Grand jeep Cherokee. I recently just took out my factory radio and was trying to put in another one. however, the power antenna did not fit into the other radio I had so my friend said all we have to do is break off the plastic around it. So we did that and it still didn't fit so he said to break off the little metal pieces around it so we did and it fit finally but did not work. So im asking here how do i fix it? I need serious help because no one seems to know what they are talking about. Thanks for your time.

you need to buy a piece of car antenna extension with the regular Motorola connector,
most extensions come with this connector, this will plug into the new radio, and the other end needs to be solder to the damage end, you have to cut the cable and solder the 2 wires,
there is no other way to repair it

next time purchase the antenna adaptor they are $10.00 and braking pieces from the antenna was a very bad idea  

Audio Systems

Ernesto R

Please year and model of the vehicle, I need all the details, I'm a car electronics installer with 24 years of experience. I'am very familiar with installations of in-dash head units,factory head units, factory car audio, hands-free phone kits, auxiliary audio inputs and iPod iPhone interface integration bluetooth and Car Alarms tracking devices security systems remote start If you need any help with your factory stereo, or how to add auxiliary audio or listen to your iPod IPhone android in your vehicle I currently have a MECP Master Installation Technician certification. My answers are based on my experience in vehicles and my knowledge of automotive electronics I don't put much emphasis on brand names; you won't often find me putting down a brand or pushing one on, dont send me a list of what brands i like better sorry i can not help you with vehicles that are not in the u.s.a also video and security

oem integration
factory car audio
factory cd changer and hands free cell phones
satellite radio
auxiliary audio input ipod interface audio modules car alarms tracking devices

yahoo answers iPod lounge pt cruiser

MECP certified chrysler tech car alarm installer of the year