Audio Systems/Auxiliary Audio Input

Hello Ernesto, I have a 2003 Silverado with Bose sound system.  Factory head unit has built-in cd and cassette deck.  I pulled the stereo and there is 12-pin plug on the back. I do not have an AUX button on the front, only a BAND and TAPE/CD buttons.  When I push band, the only choices are FM1, FM2, and AM. I am trying to figure out which auxiliary audio input device I need to buy to connect an iphone 4s and have the volume controls on the steering wheel function.  Also wondering if the radio would mute on incoming calls when connected this way? Thanks for your time and advice.

For the aux adapter or iPod interface to work the radio needs to have a BAND button
you have 2 options an auxiliary audio interface made for GM vehicle this allows you to input audio only to the GM radio,

for full iPod controls from he factory Chevrolet radio, will charge and allow you to use steering controls , will stop music if the phone rings

Audio Systems

Ernesto R

Please year and model of the vehicle, I need all the details, I'm a car electronics installer with 24 years of experience. I'am very familiar with installations of in-dash head units,factory head units, factory car audio, hands-free phone kits, auxiliary audio inputs and iPod iPhone interface integration bluetooth and Car Alarms tracking devices security systems remote start If you need any help with your factory stereo, or how to add auxiliary audio or listen to your iPod IPhone android in your vehicle I currently have a MECP Master Installation Technician certification. My answers are based on my experience in vehicles and my knowledge of automotive electronics I don't put much emphasis on brand names; you won't often find me putting down a brand or pushing one on, dont send me a list of what brands i like better sorry i can not help you with vehicles that are not in the u.s.a also video and security

oem integration
factory car audio
factory cd changer and hands free cell phones
satellite radio
auxiliary audio input ipod interface audio modules car alarms tracking devices

yahoo answers iPod lounge pt cruiser

MECP certified chrysler tech car alarm installer of the year