You are here:

Audio Systems/cable connection preamp to amplifier


I have a vintage (1968) Epicure preamp Model-4 and amplifier Model-1 and I need a cable to connect these two units together. The connection on the amplifier input calls for a 1/4" phone jack. One for left and one for right channel. . The back of the preamp has one recepticale for each channel. Can you tell me what the connector cables are called? I did find a cable with a 1/4" phone jack on one end but the other end had two connectors(RCA) on it.

I did some searching around, and realized that I'll need more info about your gear before I can answer anything conclusively. This model of preamp / amp were popular for modifying, so most of the pictures I found were all slightly different from each other. Would it be possible to send me a picture of both back panels so I can see exactly what you're working with?

Audio Systems

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Wayne Tapia


Home Theater Audio Cabling (from HDMI to speaker cable). I WILL REJECT ALL CAR AUDIO QUESTIONS - I am not a car audio guy.


I am a Certified Audio Engineer that also works in the A/V cabling industry. I would like to dispel the myths and outright lies about the cables that connect your home theater systems together. Here's a hint - many of you have been misled out of hundreds of dollars for cabling systems.


Audio Recording Technology Institute Vancouver Film School

Past/Present Clients
Post Magic Studios Khaos Studios Glass Forest Entertainment Funkbuddha Productions The Capital Playhouse Art In Music Global Music Project University of Washington Belle and Wissel

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]