Audio Systems/Home Audio Upgrade

cleggsan wrote at 2013-02-17 18:49:17
Several years ago whilst employed with one of the 'big' consumer electronics manufacturing companies we were approached by one of the popular wire and cable companies asking us to include their interconnecting wires inside our 'high fidelity' products.  I established criteria for the company that if it can be measured and objectively shown through laboratory and listening tests then we would consider this proposal.  After much testing and comparisons in the laboratory we could not find any reason to use the high priced, branded wires and cables.  Rather, we found that zip cord from the local hardware store for speakers was entirely adequate and that coax rca cables from the dollar store were just as good as the mega-priced cables.  So, you are right on.

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia

Home Theater Audio Cabling (from HDMI to speaker cable). I WILL REJECT ALL CAR AUDIO QUESTIONS - I am not a car audio guy.

I am a Certified Audio Engineer that also works in the A/V cabling industry. I would like to dispel the myths and outright lies about the cables that connect your home theater systems together. Here's a hint - many of you have been misled out of hundreds of dollars for cabling systems.

Audio Recording Technology Institute Vancouver Film School

Post Magic Studios Khaos Studios Glass Forest Entertainment Funkbuddha Productions The Capital Playhouse Art In Music Global Music Project University of Washington Belle and Wissel