Audio Systems/Query

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,
       Good morning!
       I have two sony home theatre systems.Both are connected to audio output vai splitter from my PC.Each have its own volume control knob.Generally I operate from my PC.There is some common volume control from my PC for both the systems.I am unable to set common volume for both the systems from its individual volume control knob.
It feels that sound lags from one another and does not work as a single system.I want a single volume control for both the systems i.e. it may work as a single system. Please help me out.

With regards,
D.Lakra

ANSWER: I'm not sure what you meant when you said "the sound lags from one another"...

Normally, LAG means delay or coming slower. Is this what you mean?

The only thing that I can think of that would cause a delay between two different systems split from the same source would be if you're using digital audio. Digital audio needs to be decoded before it is played back, and trying to synchronize two separate systems like that would be nearly impossible.

If this is not what you meant, please write me back and we can discuss this further.

QUESTION: Yes Sir, LAG means delay or coming slower.This is further clarification.
Generally home theatre system-1 has its own volume control knob & home theatre system-2 has its own volume control knob.I want single volume control for both the system.Please clarify how it can be achieved.

With regards,
D.Lakra

Answer
To get rid of the delay, you'll need analog inputs on each system, and a stereo split from your source PC.
If you are using digital inputs, you will not be able to sync them up. while available with pro gear, I doubt there is any way to sync the digital clocks on two independent consumer grade receivers.

If, by chance, both systems have analog (R & L) audio inputs, you would need to split the stereo output from your PC (headphone jack, typically), and the you could adjust both systems volume from the PC volume control.

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia