Audio Systems/xm radio

screen shot 54
screen shot 54  
QUESTION: I have attached a image( Onyx XMAS100 ) to give yo an idea about what i'm thinkimg. My budget could go up to $200.

ANSWER: Ahh, I see.
That will likely be somewhat lacking in volume when you are driving and have the windows down in the vehicle but it should do what you are wanting.
If the volume and the sound of that setup suits your tastes it looks like a decent solution and I say go for it!
I have a logitech UE and just love it for portability (of course they require a smartphone or other source [wired or bluetooth]). The sound is phenomenal for 100.00.

Best of luck.

QUESTION: Amazon offers accesories, ciggarett power cords, antennas etc. They are not the same brand as the radio, will they work? I have another car and would like to buy an extra antenna.

It will depend on the antenna type (electric or not, amplified or not..ect).
As long tas it says it is intended for your specific vehicle it should be okay.
Best advice:
You might consider a visit to Crutchfield.
1.800.319.8264 - Do not hesitate to call them for this advice.
They are top notch at getting the correct part to you the 1st time and have great prices/service.
If noting else, you can narrow your choices down for Amazon searches.

Audio Systems

Jerry Mael

My forte is audio.. Car/Home/Boat. You name it, I will help you even if it is just a link to more assistance. If you want to interface new gear to your factory radio I can do us both a favor and tell you to go to or call them at 1.800.555.7088. They really are top notch at doing that for people with great support. I will re-direct most questions of that nature to them. The rest of it... I am eager to help you with. I am also not a 'Master Installation Technician' that will tell you I cannot assist you with cars not made in the USA. Talk to me about any audio upgrades including 'bang for the buck'.
Specialties include: Overall Acoustics, Gain structure/settings and Enclosure design, system design/consultation, when/where to get which upgrades as well as other pertinent info for the mobile audio enthusiast and much more.
I also am NOT interested in buying your used gear so do not waste our time asking me.

My specialty as it is offered here, is Mobile and Home Audio Consultation.
Eight years IASCA - Pro 251-500 watt class
With Allexperts since 1999 (on and off).
35 years of overall professional sound and acoustical/electronic experience (since 1977) including: Sound Offs, Home audio, Mobile audio, Live sound, Churches, Theater, Live DJ and Studio Recording (analog and digital software and hardware), Effects, Looping, analog/digital mutli-track and mixdown . My mother was a record producer so I picked up a lot of additional professional knowledge and experience through the years. I was a Drum Tech for the Banshee reunion tour and toured as sound man with a regional act called Champion so I have practical knowledge for many aspects of audio.

If I cannot directly answer your question I will use my vast resource network to help you get a usable answer.

Favorite Mobile components:
Any amplifier based on ZED principles. Examples are Diamond, Zapco, Hifonics, Autotek, ect. And of course, Nakamichi (yes, still in business)
McCaulley, Polk and Dynaudio Speakers.
Clarion/Nakamichi headunits and processors.

>35 years of real world, audio experience.