Audio Systems/2000 Isuzu Rodeo audio

I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo with a 6 disc changer ( factory ). I can not load any cd's, it seems to be blocked. The owners manual says to push the load button but there is no such button. The pix in the manual isn't the exact style I have. Any help will be appreciated

That model year has three different systems. Solution may depend on which one you have.

It may require a reset.  Your manual may give instructions on how to do that.  If not, a reset can be accomplished by removing all power - disconnect the 12v line to the changer - and restore power after a 15 minute disconnect time.

But, a changer this antiquated may be difficult to troubleshoot/repair.  The mechanisms are very complex and the vehicle is a very hostile environment for it; hence they don't last forever.

You may end up replacing it - or still better adding an MP3 or iPOD player which will give you much bigger library than the changer can hold!

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need more ideas.

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers