Audio Systems/Car Stereo turns on but no sound

Question
I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla. Just recently I noticed there is no sound coming from my speakers when the radio is on. I've tried the radio, CD player, and auxiliary port and it's the same for all. It won't even make the little beep sound it's supposed to when I turn it off with the steering controls. Occasionally, I can hear some electric interference in the speakers and when that happens it's also more noticeable when I drive over a bump or pothole.
I've bought the cargo the dealer and they say there's a defect in the stereo box but that the speakers are fine. Just have to order a new system. Any thoughts on what the issue might be? Does it sound like I need a new system? If so, they recommended a factory set but I personally want a custom deck with Bluetooth capability, any recommendations on where to look?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Stephon

Answer
Hi Stephon.
I am sorry I could not get back to you on this matter sooner.
The dealer is probably correct on this one and I would be inclined to agree with the data you have provided.

The good news.
Any time you want to upgrade part of an existing factory system (short of going to a local professional shop) there is only one place to go:
http://www.crutchfield.com
They are top notch at this and will get you everything you need the first time.
You can call them 1.800.555.8305

If you would like to peruse their available gear that fits your system go here and fill in the data fields. Then the site will only show things that 'fit' your 2010 Corolla.
http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/carselector.aspx?lp=%2fApp%2fCar%2foutfitmyca

Good luck and thanks for the question.

Sincerely,
Jerry Mael

PS. I would add that you should check the fuses and grounds just in case the dealer is WRONG.

Audio Systems

Jerry Mael