Audio Systems/Kicker subs and amp

Question
kicker l7s dual hooked up to kicker dx 1000.1 amp turn volume up to about 25 10 minutes later subs stop and amp is Showing red protection light ...Did subs draw to much power from the my amp?

Answer
Here is Kicker's wiring schemes for the speakers you have:

http://www.kicker.com/dvc_wiring

You could have them wired wrong which puts too low impedance on the amp - although it is rated for 1000w at 1 ohm load.

Check for shorts and frayed wires that might be touching together some how.

If everything is correct for wiring and impedance matching there are other things to check.

ONE:  It may be the amp/speakers are drawing down the car battery too low which causes the amp to kick out.  If you have a voltmeter you can check it for dropping too low.

TWO:  You could try wiring for a higher impedance so the amp is not being loaded down too severely.

THREE: You should check each woofer to make sure there is no voice coil short.

And so on.  Hope you get a solution.

Hoping this helps.  Let me know if you need more.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan