Audio Systems/Powered Sound Bar

I have a BENQ projector that gives great high-def TV on a wall. Problem is there is hardly any sound. It also only has a little mini-plug for audio out. I would like to hook it up to a sound bar with a sub-woofer without going through an amp. Are there powered sound bars you might recommend? I would like to have something with a pretty loud sound.
Thanks, Mario

Hi Mario.
This is a nice one by Polk Audio for 350.00.

Here is their full selection:

Best of luck and thanks for choosing AllExperts

Audio Systems

Jerry Mael

My forte is audio.. Car/Home/Boat. You name it, I will help you even if it is just a link to more assistance. If you want to interface new gear to your factory radio I can do us both a favor and tell you to go to or call them at 1.800.555.7088. They really are top notch at doing that for people with great support. I will re-direct most questions of that nature to them. The rest of it... I am eager to help you with. I am also not a 'Master Installation Technician' that will tell you I cannot assist you with cars not made in the USA. Talk to me about any audio upgrades including 'bang for the buck'.
Specialties include: Overall Acoustics, Gain structure/settings and Enclosure design, system design/consultation, when/where to get which upgrades as well as other pertinent info for the mobile audio enthusiast and much more.
I also am NOT interested in buying your used gear so do not waste our time asking me.

My specialty as it is offered here, is Mobile and Home Audio Consultation.
Eight years IASCA - Pro 251-500 watt class
With Allexperts since 1999 (on and off).
35 years of overall professional sound and acoustical/electronic experience (since 1977) including: Sound Offs, Home audio, Mobile audio, Live sound, Churches, Theater, Live DJ and Studio Recording (analog and digital software and hardware), Effects, Looping, analog/digital mutli-track and mixdown . My mother was a record producer so I picked up a lot of additional professional knowledge and experience through the years. I was a Drum Tech for the Banshee reunion tour and toured as sound man with a regional act called Champion so I have practical knowledge for many aspects of audio.

If I cannot directly answer your question I will use my vast resource network to help you get a usable answer.

Favorite Mobile components:
Any amplifier based on ZED principles. Examples are Diamond, Zapco, Hifonics, Autotek, ect. And of course, Nakamichi (yes, still in business)
McCaulley, Polk and Dynaudio Speakers.
Clarion/Nakamichi headunits and processors.

>35 years of real world, audio experience.