Audio Systems/OEM upgrade

Hello Ernesto,

I am thinking to upgrade my oem Jbl audio in a 05 Toyota Solara SE V6.  Believe the head model is 86120aa120; speakers: 86160aa410 but could not get any specs from dealer. Everything works fine, but would consider improving clarity and give it a boost.  

Not interested to change the head or speakers, but simply change amplifier alone.  Is this going to make sense, (believe the current one is digital and best for efficiency), and what format amps would you suggest.  Also, I read that Jbl does not work well with other brands: is this fact and what do you recommend.

Thanks much.

You have the toyota JBL sound system there is no way to replace the amplifier, nothing else will work in its place, because the amplifier adjust the volume not the radio,
this system comes with 20w x4  you can upgrade all the speakers for better ones
you can also upgrade the radio but there is not going to be much improvement

just replace the speakers good luck  

Audio Systems

Ernesto R

Please year and model of the vehicle, I need all the details, I'm a car electronics installer with 24 years of experience. I'am very familiar with installations of in-dash head units,factory head units, factory car audio, hands-free phone kits, auxiliary audio inputs and iPod iPhone interface integration bluetooth and Car Alarms tracking devices security systems remote start If you need any help with your factory stereo, or how to add auxiliary audio or listen to your iPod IPhone android in your vehicle I currently have a MECP Master Installation Technician certification. My answers are based on my experience in vehicles and my knowledge of automotive electronics I don't put much emphasis on brand names; you won't often find me putting down a brand or pushing one on, dont send me a list of what brands i like better sorry i can not help you with vehicles that are not in the u.s.a also video and security

oem integration
factory car audio
factory cd changer and hands free cell phones
satellite radio
auxiliary audio input ipod interface audio modules car alarms tracking devices

yahoo answers iPod lounge pt cruiser

MECP certified chrysler tech car alarm installer of the year