Audio Systems/Subwoofer

Dear Sir,

My Amplifier section specs. is - 300watts at 1.5ohms, 80Hz, 10%THD.
I want to know can I connect 2 subwoofers of 100watt at 4ohms each in parallel.If yes what would be the probable negative affect on the amplifier.
Please also suggest any other combination of two woofers with its specification and wiring.Looking for reply soon.

Thanking you,

With warm regards,

D. Lakra

Just to be certain - each speaker is 4 ohms individually?

If this is the case, then running them in parallel would give you a 2 ohm load, which seems to be fine for your amplifier. As far as "probable negative effects" are concerned, there shouldn't be any.

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia

Home Theater Audio Cabling (from HDMI to speaker cable). I WILL REJECT ALL CAR AUDIO QUESTIONS - I am not a car audio guy.

I am a Certified Audio Engineer that also works in the A/V cabling industry. I would like to dispel the myths and outright lies about the cables that connect your home theater systems together. Here's a hint - many of you have been misled out of hundreds of dollars for cabling systems.

Audio Recording Technology Institute Vancouver Film School

Post Magic Studios Khaos Studios Glass Forest Entertainment Funkbuddha Productions The Capital Playhouse Art In Music Global Music Project University of Washington Belle and Wissel