Audio Systems/Distorted Audio output

Question
Good morning.  I will try to keep this as short as possible.  I broadcasting music (MP3 & MP4) from a laptop to a Peavy mixer board.  I have a J&K Audio Sports Mixer hooked up to the Peavy.  From the Sports Mixer, I am hooked up to a cell phone of which I call the radio station and broadcast High School Football Games live.  The Audio from my Headset/mic which is hooked directly to the Peavy flows through fine to the radio broadcast.  However, the audio I am sending from my laptop is distorted and "in and out".  I have tried adjusting the gain on both boards and the volume output from the laptop.  Nothing seems to help.

Thanks

Randy

Answer
Sorry for the delay...

If you can, try to monitor the audio from each output individually (from the laptop, the Peavey, and the J & K). Be sure your cabling is solid, too...
Is there any compression or limiting being used on any of the boards? That could be a culprit. As of now, with the info you've given, those are the only things I can think of at the moment.

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia