Audio Systems/guide to newbie

hi I am planning to start a beginner audio business like for parties with 100 people in closed halls can you please help me with all the equipment I would need? from mixers ( with wattage) amps and speaker subs (wattage) ..thanks a lot in advance

Hi Paul,

100 people can be powered up using 2x 12'' Speakers and if you need a sub will be 15inches. Powered speakers for 12'' would not be heavy and same goes to powered sub. This save your budget one extra amplifiers and space to transport it.

A mixer with EQ and FX would be sufficient (inputs will be depending to your usage). Its good to get a powered mixer if you're getting a small size mixer as the amp build in can be use for stage monitor speakers which require less power than regular FOH speakers.

Besides that you require cable, connectors, plug, power cords and etc. that will be depending on yr budget. Additionally in terms of brand Behringer would be a good brand for you to start off. If you're budget doesnt reach Behringer then you have no choice but to get 'China' brand products

2x 12''(powered) speaker + 1x 15'' sub
Powered mixer
Cable,Microphone,Powercord, Laptop, Player and etc.

In the nutshell, get to the shop and see what you can get the best and test it or attend some event which have sound system and observe what they use. Hope this helps you.

Audio Systems

YH Wong

Basic stage sound & lighting questions such as PA system, dj player and etc. Will try to answer your questions although I consider myself as a freshie in this field with limited of exposure in my country.

Stage sound & lighting setup for small concerts,dj, public speech and etc.

Pursuing final year of Computer Engineering and weekends work at sound and light companies.