Audio Systems/Questions about Equalizers Details

Question
QUESTION: Hello,I just wanted to ask you,what the equalizer descriptions mean,when it says,"1/2 DIN graphic equalizer w/built in crossover. This unit exclusively for vehicles w/negative ground 12V battery system".
  Or what is a 5.1 channel parametic equalizer/pre-amp/crossover
+8 Volt pre-amps"?(made by Performance Teknique)Then it also says that it's the best EQ on the market.
  Last,I wanted to ask if you consider the Pyle PLE780P Single/Double-DIN 7-Band Parametic Equalizer w/built in Crossover and Subwoofer Control,to be of good quality? What does Single/Double-DIN mean,as opposed to 1/2-DIN?
  Thank You Very Much for your valued knowledge&time,Robert Cerra
I will gladly rate you&your answers with a positive rating.

ANSWER: 1/2 din its the size 7x1 a radio its 7x2

They are a waste of time and money both Teknique and the Pyle this 2 brands are fleamarket or pawhop junk , bad quality build in china stay away from both

QUESTION: Thank You very much Mr.Ernesto. You have saved me from buying the Pyle or Performance Tekniques equalizer. I was believing all the good stuff Amazon.com was saying about them. I think I'm going to buy the Clarion EQS746 1/2 DIN equalizer.{Unless you tell me that one also is a piece of caca.} What are your opinions about Lanzar,Bass Inferno,and BOSS equalizers,and Pyramid amplifiers? Also,could you explain to me the difference between 1/2 DIN, SINGLE &  DOUBLE DIN? Recently,in a description I read,it said,"This unit exclusively for vehicles w/negative ground 12V battery systems". What does this mean? Aren't all equalizers going to be installed in cars that have 12V battery systems?(except for Volkswagens,6V battery systems.)  Thank You once again,Robert Cerra

Answer
Yes the Clarion its a better brand

a normal aftermarquet car stereo is  1 din 7x2  1/2 din its zx1 and double din 7x4
most factory car stereos are double din 7x4 or din and 1/2 7x3
depending on this space you can replace the radio with the correct size or add a plastic kit

Today all vehicles are 12 volt chassis ground, some trucks run on 24 volts and older cars on 6 volts  

Audio Systems

Ernesto R