Audio Systems/Technics Turntable

Question
I have a Technics SL-B3 that I'm having some trouble with. When I got it the speed was very wobbly, so I cleaned the pitch control with Deoxit and that helped tremendously. However, the speed either jumps way up or way down after a couple minutes of play and stays there. Any idea what this could be?

Answer
It's getting old and there is a really good chance the belt is going/gone bad.  If it has stretched out it can cause slippage for slower speed and if it rides high on the capstan drive it can run faster.  I see belts for the Technics SL-B3 on eBay all the time.

So, that is first thing to check.  There are several places where you can get belts online.

I think the manual is available with a google search as well.

Let me know if you need more.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan