Audio Systems/home audio

I have a pioneer spec 1 and spec4 it was givin to me but have no idea on how to hook it up or wht it is for

Vintage audio at its best.  Great gear if it is still in working order.  They are very old so take care of them with great tenderness.  They are valuable to collectors of the old analog audio world.  

Here is a manual which explains the preamp and how it interconnects with the power amp and to the speakers, etc.  Study it through and it will all make good sense.

There are tons of pictures and comments about these units if you do a google search.  They are still being sold by collectors and on eBay sites.  So, good luck and hope they bring you great joy - especially if you are an audio or music hobbyist or connoisseur.  

Hope this helps.

PS: You will, of course, need some true high fidelity loudspeaker systems to attach to the speaker terminals.  This system has a phono preamp that is ideal for listening to LPs - but you will need a turntable with magnetic phone cartridge to enjoy the good old sounds of vinyl recordings.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers