Audio Systems/factory reset

Question
my son has a 2003 Lincoln ls with a factory cd /radio. the cd changer jammed. we were able to remove the unit and get the CDs out. after reinstalling it now reads that it is full of disks. during internet searches we found refurbished units for sale with notations that after installation the vehicle would have to be brought to the dealership for an electronic sync, so the car would match up with the stereo. is it possible that the existing one needs this reset? would you recommend this action or would we be better off replacing the unit to avoid future issues? thank you, Jackie

Answer
Removing the disc the wrong way and it will damage the cd changer part of the radio
there is no electronic sync or a reset, the changer is damaged because the disc didn't out of the front door, radio believes it's still full.

you can replace the radio with a rebuild unit, and you can do the installation your self no need to go to the dealer
http://www.oemautosound.com/p-228-lincoln-ls-2000-2002-cd-radio-alpine-2w4t-18c8

you can also purchase just the Lincoln chager top part of the radio and replace it your self

good luck

Audio Systems

Ernesto R